Tuesday 24 March 2009

Well Played, Kat's Hats!

All too often, cheap Medieval costumes come with a single padded roll to be worn around the head, incorrectly lacking a veil to go with it.  Many people have no concept of how many varieties of hats there really were.  After all, the middle ages lasted for roughly a millenium and of course hat fashions changed, varying by period and region.  Kat's Hats gives us a taste of how much diversity there really was.



She explains the history behind all her creations, which are beautifully made.  There isn't a design on this site that I haven't seen somewhere in Medieval art.  

3 comments:

  1. They're gorgeous. I want that one, and that one, and that one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fighting the urge to get the one I've posted and wear it into work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so gorgeous, and the information is so accurate.

    Right now I am in a history of art and fashion class and the sad thing is I have learned more from you and your posts than from my teacher.

    She actually showed us The Other Boleyn Girl with that green dress and kept telling us how accurate the movie was when in the back of my head I was thinking about all the mistakes their costumes had...

    She also showed us Troy, which seemed a little off to me..

    ReplyDelete